Wednesday, April 17, 2013

No longer newbies...


I don’t remember the last time I wrote, I hope it’s been one entry a month at the very least.  The new position I assumed is surprisingly hectic.  The previous manager was very unorganized and then just yesterday got in a motorbike accident and broke some bones.  I wasn’t supposed to transition over until May but it looks like I’m doing all of his old work, teaching a bazillion hours and trying to implement change.  I stopped guitar lessons and I stopped Vietnamese lessons.  Something is obviously wrong….I thought about it last night, and I am determined to continue those 2 hobbies.  I hope that these long hours and no siesta is really just due to the transitional period which is swamping me, but if it continues I’m going to have to walk away.  In May I will resume guitar classes, I’m practicing at home but it’s not really the same.  Also, I somehow convinced the school VLS (Vietnamese Language Studies) that they offer 50% discounts to teachers, and guess what they found a class for me and offered me the discount, ahhahaha!  Vietnam is hilarious sometimes.  It reminds me about this one time when my buddy Genaro and I went to McDonalds and I asked for ice cream.  The cashier said they didn’t have any and after talking to her for about 5 minutes I was able to convince her that she did sell ice cream.  We both walked away with a smile and ice cream in our hands.  He swore I would have also been able to convince them they sold pizza too!  The good ol days!

 

So we’ve been here about 7 months now, and there is this deworm/parasite pill you’re supposed to take biannually.  Paul and I think it’s a load of bull and that it’s another form of mind control, just like the flu shot.  Anyhow, I’ve had a stomach bug for 5 days and counting now, lost like another 3 pounds, looking pretty shredded since I am really just losing water weight.  I am thinking I need that parasite pill.  We are researching now and getting mixed results so it’s hard to determine what to do.  Basically I’m disappearing but looking great on the way out.  Where is that crop top I brought?  Actually, I probably feel the best today, and haven’t vomited yet.  Last night Paul and I were getting anxious for no good reason, we turned to each other at 10pm and looked each other in the eyes and whispered “Frito pie”.  We both ran upstairs in a hurry and gobbled a bowl each.  It was obviously a mistake for me, but when the endorphins kick in from all that soul food it was worth it.

 

I am getting a little homesick and miss driving to Target and proper malls or to my friends house just to hang out.  So glad I’m coming in July, some expat told me how important it is to go home at least once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment