Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Update

Since the grand opening of the clinic, Paul has gotten a steady stream of patients.  We are making as much as clinic number 1.  We are already talking about opening a 3rd clinic in about a year.  So far so good and our fingers are crossed!  Just gotta come up with a solid marketing strategy.

As for me, I've been working at my school for 3 months now, and I just got a job offer to become an administrator!  They need assistance with hiring, employee orientation, pacing guides, promotion of new curriculum and also an outlet for the teaching staff to utilize for any concerns.  This came as a shock and honor.  I am glad this opportunity came up because now I can teach less, as much as I enjoy it, like I have said before I can be a very exhausting task.

Paul starts Vietnamese Lessons at a learning center next week.  We have enrolled him for 80 hours!  We have met a few foreigners who are fluent so there's hope for Paul!  My skills are slightly improving, I only meet with a Viet teacher once a week for 2 hours.  Apparently to learn you must take classes 3 times a week.  Maybe with my new schedule, I will be able to take more classes in the future.

I also decided to learn the guitar properly.  I wanted ukulele lessons but they were $25 for 45 mins!  If I learned guitar, lessons are $4 an hour!  So I bought the cheapest guitar I could find and I have been learning how to read notes and count beats all over again!  It is so freaken hard!  But I am going to stick with it and by the end of this trip, I am going to know how to play solos and accompaniment!

Met some really cool people recently!  I'll give you and update about that later!


No comments:

Post a Comment