Sunday, September 23, 2012

Malaria!

I hope I don't get some disease like Malaria!  I got bit 11 times yesterday by these tiny mosquitos.  Apparently they only like my blood or I tend to emit more heat making me a more desirable host.  Paul walked through high grass and I stayed back on the road, yet I was the one who was attacked.  So  much for wearing shorts or dresses anymore.  I'm gonna have to tough it out and wear jeans now. I am currently using Off a brand in the states and it seems to work but you must apply every time 2-3 hours.  



 This is how they look here, I'm on a mission to kill every single one of these.

These are mosquito zapper rackets and it basically uses electricity to kill them, a must have in your home and office.


when we move, i'll have to buy one of these bed nets so i won't have to worry about getting eaten alive while im sleeping.  we don't have a problem in our hotel now, and i hope we won't at our new home either.

















check out each bite on my leg, they began to welt, each  bite began to burn and itch immediately. once the venom entered my body, it felt like bee stings.



i went to a vietnamese pharmacy right away and bought 2 different types of mosquito medicine.  the one on the right offers more relief then the left.  it's only day 2 and it still itches like crazy and i think it's gonna scar :(


1 comment: