Thursday, February 9, 2017

You're coming to Vietnam, can you bring.....

I moved to Vietnam in 2012 and when I arrived I realised that the stores here were so bare and didn't carry half of the things I needed for day to day living.  There is no such thing as a Target, CVS, Home Depot or Ralphs, we were shocked.  Whenever I wanted to cook a meal (which is rare) I felt like I was going on a scavenger hunt!

When friends decide to visit I made them earn a free stay with me!  Can you bring:

  • Protein powder
  • Tampons
  • Dayquil
  • Neosporin
  • Victoria Secret Bras
  • Lotion with no skin whitening chemicals
  • Workout gloves
  • DOT helmets
  • Dog treats
  • and the list went on
It's 2017 now and the list has reduced significantly but if you're coming don't be surprised if I as you to bring ice packs, more tampon, and safe to eat dog treats...these things still aren't available.


No comments:

Post a Comment