Wednesday, August 29, 2018

September 14, 2018 (6 year anniversary in Vietnam)



Holy cow, I forgot I was a blogger.  I really should have stuck to it and focused on traveling and made some money from it.  Oh wells!  All of this is under the assumption that I give good advice and can help suggest a wonderful trip for those considering a visit to a specific country.

Anyway it's almost been 6 years in Saigon, it was only supposed to be a 3 hour tour and here we are! I'm in my mid 30s now and it looks like we will be here well into my 40s!  Or at least Paul will.  He is turning 40 next year.

Alright so here's an update of what's new!  I don't think anyone reads this, but I'll write it anyway.  It's actually quite fun to re-read what I've written, so future Lyna this is for you!

Maple Healthcare, the main reason why we've been here so long, Paul is doing amazing!  He's like a celebrity here.  He's actually famous.  Dr. Paul the handsome doctor.  We are expanding and he's opening in D.2 and D.10.  That's 4 clinics in total!  WOWzer, I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of him.  Starting a foreign business in Vietnam is hard x100!  I mean to get an idea, go to Little Saigon and try to substitute an order at a Vietnamese restaurant.  It is near impossible and will take about 3 employees to understand your request and then in the end, get the order wrong.

Hence, I left management.  I no longer manage a British international school.  It was too stressful and managing Vietnamese staff was extremely challenging.  I am now working at an American international school as a placement tester and this gig is dope!  I have amazing incentives and great benefits and so much freedom.  I don't have any work to bring home.  The best part about this job is the charity work I am able to do.  It's pretty rewarding.

I think I'd like to get into a events when I return to LA, so I'm gaining as much experience as I can now.  I just took on my first paid event planning job for a Beach Music Festival, Coracle.  Working with the largest names in Saigon and this is gonna be the largest project I'm taking on.  I don't know what I'm doing, but I know I'll figure it out.  Learning how to work with a big group and learning to work with a team with different visions and expectation.  That's exactly the exposure I wanted from this project.

Speaking of events; I have put together some charity events this year and I have earned 1k for the first fundraiser"Live music with Brunch" and then 4k for "Dinner and a Show".  They were fabulous and inspired me to do more.  I have "Sing for a Cause"  which is basically a karaoke bar and then up next "Drag Bingo" which is coming up on 4th November 2018.  Super excited about that.  Punk Rock Bowling is in the near future and a hat and high tea party around the corner!

We moved into a new apartment and you can see my 2 amazing dogs dressed up as a frog and captain america.  They are the best thing since sliced bread.  I think all rehabs or depression clinics should have therapy dogs and actually use them as therapy.  I mean coming home to a wagging butt with kisses and that enthusiasm, I just love them so much.

BTW the other day, Rufus (my favorite), ate a bully stick too quickly and began chocking!  Paul was a natural and started doing the Heimlich and thank god it worked.  We never got the treat out, but whatever Paul did helped the food pass.  Rufus almost died.  FYI-you perform the Heimlich maneuver just like you would with humans.  For smaller dogs, it's sorta the opposite, you hold them by their hind legs and pump their stomach.  What a scare!

I cut my hair short and rocking this only because Vietnam sucks at bleaching hair.  The stylist basically burnt my hair and I had to cut it all off.  That's why I don't look to happy.

Also I got bored, so I took some stock photos!  Here's me giving a thumbs up, I use this same image for my Linked In Profile!   





No comments:

Post a Comment