Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy Snake Year

It's been a while since I've written....but I will try to continue so I don't drop this whole blog thing.  The Malaysia trip was such a downer and took a great deal to get over that hump and now we are facing another New Year...

As soon as we got back things quickly changed I started to work 40 hours a week balancing between teaching 6 year old to 40 year old housewives and tutoring on the side and consulting Monopoly.

My cousin Billy was still here so I wanted to make sure he was going to have a good time.  He did and I think he has fallen in love with this country so much that his plans are to make enough money in the US (only 5k) and move to Vietnam to live.  It would be nice to have family here.  Things are reasonable here.  Honestly if Paul's family and my family moved over here, this would be such a great place to live.  It is very family oriented and on the weekends regardless if you had a mistress you always spent Sat and Sundays with your family...a fact I just recently learned.

There's so much to fill you guys in on, but Tet Holiday has begun and I've already gotten a little buzz from a bottle of Ballentine's that Paul received from a patient of his.  I never understood why he always received so many presents from his patients when he's just doing his job.  He does do a great job so I suppose it deserves more than just the fee! He totally makes people feel good and happy...which in turn makes me happy.

I can't wait for the office to open sometime in March.  So why didn't our grand opening happen in January you ask?  Due to Tet Holiday, people begin to plan and became paralyzed by the holiday, they don't do any work a month before and about a month after.  So the last license we need is suffering from abandonment issues.

I miss JPL, the work  could become redundant there, but at the same time, it was what you made of it.  I liked to involve myself in little projects constantly and by doing that your workload did get bigger, but I really like that kind of work.  In my new career as an educator, I have my highs and lows, but to tell you the truth maybe I'm not cut out for it.  The school I'm working for begs to differ because they are basically exploiting me.  Most employees there have never worked full time, and during my 2nd month I was already pulling 110 hours a month.  I appreciate the confidence they have in me, but teaching is much more difficult that you can imagine.

Like I've said before, teaching students ....you know what I'm not going to even get into the nitty gritty....a little too buzzed to do that and we have to head off to a TET BBQ with our neighbor!  Our neighbor is the top selling company of maternity clothes in Vietnam.....

publish without editing?

No comments:

Post a Comment