Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Technology

Before we left for Vietnam we decided to look into a few electronics to help us stay in touch with the States.

We purchased 3 things that I think should have won invention of the year one time or another:

1) Magic Jack
2) Sling Box
3) HMA VPN Pro

Magic Jack-I have a US number that friends can call without the long distant charges.  It has a voicemail system that you have to wait for after you have dialed and it sends us the vmail as an MP3 via email.

Sling Box-Hook this up to any cable box and you can virtually sign in anywhere.  In Vietnam we have all the regular US channels and cable channels.

HMA VPN Pro-There are a lot of websites that I cannot access in Vietnam because of certain restrictions, hence this enables me to use a proxy server that creates a US VPN,  basically I can access Pandora, Netflix, Facebook and etc because the internet thinks I'm in the US.

Technology is amazing and really makes us less homesick!

No comments:

Post a Comment