Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Numb...

It's supposed to be an exciting month, my sister is getting married.  She is the first grandchild on both my mother and father's side and she was finally getting married.  Her wedding in the US is scheduled for July 14th and the one in Australia is on the 21st.  My grandmother is so excited because all the grandchildren are going to Australia for a big reunion.

Yesterday, I received a call from a strange number and it was a lady sobbing on the phone.  She started speaking Cantonese to me.  The line kept breaking and I heard death.  Your aunt...is dead.  What?!?!?  It didn't make any sense because I just saw her a month ago as healthy as a 50 something year old could be.  I messaged the family in US to tell them what I heard and that when it was made cleared to me that it wasn't aunty, it was GRANDMA.

I only have one grandma, everyone else passed before I was born.  So my one and only grandma has passed.  What's strange is I've never experienced a death before.  I'm not sure what to feel.  I haven't cried but I feel like I'm supposed to.

The wedding in Australia is cancelled and now, you can't have a celebration the same year of a big death.  I have to fly over for a funeral instead of a wedding.

I'm just feeling numb.....

No comments:

Post a Comment